Saturday, 30 December 2017

Stuxnet: The Power of Cyberwarfare

hi blog,
This post is going to be about the cyber attack on Iran's nuclear enrichment facility at Natanz. The operation was carried out by US and Israel combined. It all started during Bush' last term in the office. Having no other option to undermine Iran, a cyber operation was started by the name of Olympic Games. The operation continued during Obama's terms even after the worm, due to a bug, automatically uploaded itself to the internet. It was first time that such an attack was used to create physical damage. The worm (Stuxnet) was quite creative, powerful, evasive and very successful. Upon digging further, I found a very informative and interesting video on the topic:

This was a first step on a dangerous path if we look on the impact it can have. The use of cyber systems is increasing day by day in every field. Thus making every field vulnerable. US is the leading country in using cyber systems. If such attacks continued, US will be bearing the brunt of the seeds sowed.

REFERENCES:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/01/world/middleeast/obama-ordered-wave-of-cyberattacks-against-iran.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/we-ignore-iran-at-our-peril/2017/12/26/c246078c-ea80-11e7-b698-91d4e35920a3_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...