Hi Blog,
I remember the suffering of sitting in Maths classes, especially when it comes to Linear Algebra. Last night I came to know that it wasn't the problem with me or maths, it was the problem of teaching. I was taught the maths wrong way. I was learning maths without understanding which kept me blind of the beauty of maths. This paradigm shift came from a lecture by Margot Gerritsen named "Mathematics gives you wings". Maths is beautiful and quite simple.
Now some philosophy to add flavor to things. If I believe in the causality of events and not on the heroes, I mean following Tolstoy's philosophy, then some credit goes to the book GEB as well. And then to some infinite amount of events. But, luckily, I have an inclination towards Bertrand Russel who teaches to marvel the heroes. In that case the hero is MG.
So I have decided to have an open heart towards Mathematics from now on and try to understand it as much as I can.
Link to the video mentioned above:
I remember the suffering of sitting in Maths classes, especially when it comes to Linear Algebra. Last night I came to know that it wasn't the problem with me or maths, it was the problem of teaching. I was taught the maths wrong way. I was learning maths without understanding which kept me blind of the beauty of maths. This paradigm shift came from a lecture by Margot Gerritsen named "Mathematics gives you wings". Maths is beautiful and quite simple.
Now some philosophy to add flavor to things. If I believe in the causality of events and not on the heroes, I mean following Tolstoy's philosophy, then some credit goes to the book GEB as well. And then to some infinite amount of events. But, luckily, I have an inclination towards Bertrand Russel who teaches to marvel the heroes. In that case the hero is MG.
So I have decided to have an open heart towards Mathematics from now on and try to understand it as much as I can.
Link to the video mentioned above:
"Mathematics gives u bad dreams"
ReplyDelete(As per our experience)
Hats off to our education system.
DeleteI still dont know why I had to learn all those linear equations.
ReplyDeleteTell me about it.
DeleteExactly. We are never told the reason and logic behind what we study.