Hi Blog,
This is going to be an article on the condition of Pakistan Post vis-a-vis all other courier services. This is a very personal opinion. I also follow up more points from my narration of the event.
"We don't have any boxes" replied the attendant at Pakistan Post airport franchise to my question of packing the items that I wanted to send to China. He gave me instructions about where to get one. As I was about to exit the door to get the box, he said from behind, "Also bring the scotch tape for packing, we don't have any of that as well" As I walked to get the box and the tape, some very interesting thoughts came to me. First of all I felt really sad to see the condition of a state institution, subsequently showing the condition of the state. I started to search for reasons. After pondering for a while I found one which was clear and enlightening but also depressing. Self loathing state of Pakistanis. We all just talk about patriotism rather we just talk about pretty much everything. We just talk talk and talk. We are always choosing between foreign courier services without ever even considering our own. Same is the situation in every decision we make. Until and unless we will not use the services provided by the our own state, how they are going to improve. They will remain in the condition narrated above. These services and institutions are part of Pakistan, the same country we get emotional for at every other instant. So I decided from now on to at least consider the services provided by my own country.
I had visited Pakistan Post by mere chance of having no other option. If I had the choice I never would have visited it without ever knowing why. I learned from this that we need to question our beliefs. After the box and the tape, things worked out pretty good. The same service which DHL was offering me for 13000, Pakistan Post offered me for around 2000. Saved 11000, thanks to Pakistan Post and Pakistan. I was able to track the items and the package was delivered timely. I feel lucky and quite happy that I used Pakistan Post. An eye opening experience for me. We are so much unfair to our country and we expect it to be more than fair in everything.
Now the follow up points.We Pakistanis are living a paradox. We hate India but we love their movies and we love to copy them. We hate West but love what they produce, what they wear and also their movies as well. There is a long list of prevailing paradoxes. Till now we have been unable to identify ourselves. I am not taking one side or the other. But we should think wisely and decide what is right for us. And then follow that. The reason I see behind all this is the our ignorance. We must strive to become a book loving and research oriented society. We need to work hard. Lastly, at least, we need to think which is considered a sin in our society. Clear Thinking is what I am talking about.
This is going to be an article on the condition of Pakistan Post vis-a-vis all other courier services. This is a very personal opinion. I also follow up more points from my narration of the event.
"We don't have any boxes" replied the attendant at Pakistan Post airport franchise to my question of packing the items that I wanted to send to China. He gave me instructions about where to get one. As I was about to exit the door to get the box, he said from behind, "Also bring the scotch tape for packing, we don't have any of that as well" As I walked to get the box and the tape, some very interesting thoughts came to me. First of all I felt really sad to see the condition of a state institution, subsequently showing the condition of the state. I started to search for reasons. After pondering for a while I found one which was clear and enlightening but also depressing. Self loathing state of Pakistanis. We all just talk about patriotism rather we just talk about pretty much everything. We just talk talk and talk. We are always choosing between foreign courier services without ever even considering our own. Same is the situation in every decision we make. Until and unless we will not use the services provided by the our own state, how they are going to improve. They will remain in the condition narrated above. These services and institutions are part of Pakistan, the same country we get emotional for at every other instant. So I decided from now on to at least consider the services provided by my own country.
I had visited Pakistan Post by mere chance of having no other option. If I had the choice I never would have visited it without ever knowing why. I learned from this that we need to question our beliefs. After the box and the tape, things worked out pretty good. The same service which DHL was offering me for 13000, Pakistan Post offered me for around 2000. Saved 11000, thanks to Pakistan Post and Pakistan. I was able to track the items and the package was delivered timely. I feel lucky and quite happy that I used Pakistan Post. An eye opening experience for me. We are so much unfair to our country and we expect it to be more than fair in everything.
Now the follow up points.We Pakistanis are living a paradox. We hate India but we love their movies and we love to copy them. We hate West but love what they produce, what they wear and also their movies as well. There is a long list of prevailing paradoxes. Till now we have been unable to identify ourselves. I am not taking one side or the other. But we should think wisely and decide what is right for us. And then follow that. The reason I see behind all this is the our ignorance. We must strive to become a book loving and research oriented society. We need to work hard. Lastly, at least, we need to think which is considered a sin in our society. Clear Thinking is what I am talking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment