Friday, 22 December 2017

An Excerpt from Hoodbhoy's "Jinns Invade Campuses"

Hi Blog,
Although the full article mentioned in the title is worth reading, there was a paragraph which resonated very much with my thought. Following is that paragraph:


"As for toys and trinkets like computers and cellphones we can, like our Saudi brothers, always buy the best from Apple or Nokia. Some money-hungry Zing-Zang-Zong company will happily run the cellphone networks for Pakistan. The dirty business of technology and inventing things can be safely left to the Chinese, Americans, and Europeans. Their jinns know their job so well."1

I think the above paragraph, if pondered upon, encompasses many of the problems Pakistan is facing today. One just needs to think to see clearly.
We need to work, work and work and that too really hard.




1. https://www.dawn.com/news/1212051

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...