Saturday, 2 March 2019

My new "About Me" on Goodreads

Now goodreads has complained that I have crossed 2000 words. Why such a restriction at such platform. 

"What started as a craving for knowledge to understand things larger than life has turned into a deep relationship with books. Somewhere along came an account at Goodreads as well.  Books and me are now undisputed partners for life. They feed me with something unique. 
 Sometimes wandering in my musings I ask myself why I read books. What is my purpose for reading books. What do I intend to achieve. Guess I'm  trying to reach light at the end of tunnel. Don't know what I will find there or whether I will ever get there. But the journey for sure is delightful and full of discoveries. Reading books is like a touch of immortality and having a conversation with some very interesting people even those who left us ages ago. Nothing has such power. And is there a reason required for human beings to gain knowledge.
Gaining knowledge is our nature. Ignorance doesn't suit us though present age has adopted most things which doesn't suit us. So this is me a sort of complicated person. Some people even had the audacity to say that to my face. Mostly just gave up on me.
     So now you must know what i like more a room full of books or people. Definitely books. Books have transformed me without any doubt. They have liberated me. Its sad I cant read all of them. I am limited.
I love learning new things. Can be anything. Everything is interesting and inspires you in its own way.
I am amazed at the paradoxical nature of this world. Absurdity all around and still people in want of it more and more. Levels vary though from place to place. Reading has made me realize that I am not alone with this mindset.
Above paragraph does not ignore the beauty this world posesses. I would love to travel and see all of it myself. Yet I lack the courage for such a brave undertaking. Books have helped me in this regard as well.
History, philosophy and literature must be studied by everyone. Yet it won't be. Not with the blast of this present information age. You want liberation, these subjects can help. History makes you realize how unimportant you are and yet how important you and your actions can be.
I also maintain a blog which mostly remains dry. Sometimes I scribble few things on a diary kept at my desk but I lack discipline for such a thing which really makes the difference."

Here is a link to my profile: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/45550260-m-shahzad-bajwa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...