Thursday, 28 March 2019

I read science. Only sometimes

From time to time I read something on science and technology over the internet. Mostly I read about advancements in the field of Quantum Computation which is my favourite topic if I ever get into computer science. I don't really see that happening. Just like people didn't see the gravitational waves from the very very very old black holes ever being found. Because they believed black holes didn't exist. You know why they are old and new at the same time. So coming back to not seeing myself in the field of CS ever. The thing is we have one life and there is already too much on an average person's plate. The things that are to be done. Or atleast most people do. What ? I don't even understand what I'm saying.

I think gravitational waves was more interesting that getting into this personal stuff. The reason I started writing this post was to publish a link to an article I read today on New Yorker which keeps bugging me that i am about to reach my limit of free articles for the month. But don't stop until you exhaust them. The article was a quick journey through the discovery of Gravitational waves from the deep space. I'm not sure that's the right word for it. It is a journey of believe. People put so much at stake just because they believe in something. Belief is a powerful thing. Just like Mahira  Khan said in the guest speech at Agha Khan University. Wait from where did she come here. Wait. Okay lets not wait anymore.
So here's the link

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/gravitational-waves-exist-heres-how-scientists-finally-found-them

Wow. I cant make it a link on this app for blogger. Old copy paste will work. One more thing I really feel sorry for the people mentioned in the article who analyze a discovery of gravitational waves in the facility for six months only to find in the end they were a 'fake' planted by a check team. They were also going to publish a research paper and whatnot. Sad and cruel. These things happen whenever something big is underway. Something big. How can you call this something big. What's the use of all these discoveries. It's good to ask questions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...