Tuesday, 19 March 2019

Twin Peaks, Oddballs and me

The article is written at different timings so dont expect parts to be related. They are just random thoughts.

Sometime while watching the TV series I realized that my favourite genre of TV series or movies is mystery. Who would be better at mystery than detective type dark mystery thrillers. Back then my favourite TV season had been True Detective. Season 1 is a masterpiece with a splendid character Rustin Cole. Also it was an entry for Alexandra Dadario who has caught sight of many since then.

Then somewhere while watching TV series The Killing I knew it wasn't the same anymore. I had to find something new. So I googled and found a TV series named Twin Peaks with pretty good ratings. I feel lucky that I found it. And also nostalgic now that I have finished the whole series including the Season 3.

Then there is the theme song 'Falling' by Julee Cruise. In an interview David Lynch, the director of the series and who also acted in the series as well, mentioned that theme should move with the picture. I have never seen such a combination of theme with the screen. It is nearly perfect. As nothing is perfect.

My last weekend was mostly dedicated to watching Twin Peaks. Came out in 1990, I am watching it after 29 years but I feel a something about it. Normally I also find a resonance in movies and tv series from 90s the reason for which isn't clear to me except that maybe because I was born in 90s. It was the decade of my generation. But there is something special and unique about this series.

Twin Peaks is a combination of different, slow, mysterious and oddballs. Set into a very beautiful location and telling a tale which never ends, the season has something special attached to it. At some points while watching I think it 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...