Friday, 8 April 2016

CS50 INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER SCIENCE

HARVARDx

I started this course on edX in mid January this year. It is my first online and CS course. I learned a lot so far and hoping to learn even further. I am pset8 right now which is the last one and then final project. I have time till end of December. David J. Malan is a great teacher no doubt. It used to get quite tough some times but I took that as a challenge and worked my way through. The toughest pset for me was pset5(dictionary). At first I couldn't even understand what is hash table and this trio thing.
But after working bit by bit and completion I have a very good understanding of Data Structures. The transition from C to Web Programming is tough too but my experience in dictionary helped me go through that. I believed that I could do it. Same is going on as I am starting pset8. JavaScript is giving me a tought time. a lot of new things are introduced like underscore library and twitter's typeahead. I am beginning to understand the logic but syntax is a little hard to swallow. 
The decision of taking CS50 is the one of my best decisions of life. I am learning what I love. The main thing I learnt is problem solving. I would advise anyone going to learn CS to not even think about taking this course just go for it.
You can view my workspace  at https://preview.cs50.io/shahzadb13/ide50.
I thank Harvard and especially David for this great course. 
TAKE CARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...