The spy chronicles by A.S. DulatMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Last night I was watching an Indian movie by the name "The Attacks of 26/11" based on a tragic event by all means. Apart from all the gruesomeness shown there was one scene which reminded me once again how much is common between India and Pakistan. The scene was about the MUMBAI TRAIN STATION showing passengers waiting for tha train.
This book is a nice collection of arguments about how both countries at subject can benefit from a healthy relationship. The name might depict something else for many because it has to pass an deep seated animosity filter on both sides. Some might have expected something of a spy thriller believe me they are to be disappointed. Or if you are a media addict you must have been expecting your top intelligence guys have become traitors selling secrets on books. Once again media fails as always. For me this book was very reasonable as I have been in favour of peace collaboration between India and Pakistan for as long as I can remember. I often encounter people ready to go head to head with me on this. The main conflicts have been discussed in the book with some very practical solutions given by both sides. Both sides need to let go their past resentments and move forward together. Peace is in favour of both countries.
My first remembered encounter with Gen Durrani is watching Al Jazeera's Head to Head. He surely loves Pakistan very much. I might not agree with him on many things but his calmness and acceptance of opposing arguments are qualities worth admiring. AS Dulat's name was new for me but not anymore. I am looking forward to reading his other work.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment