Saturday, 15 May 2021

Clogged Streams

Wrote this piece just recently, posted first on IG, enjoyed some likes and even some encouraging comments this time. But I’m certain that in no way I like it very much myself. It was just a try not even a proper expression although it did feel quite good while writing/experiencing it. The idea was random — what isn’t — coming to my mind while swaying around nowhere in particular. 


It’s an existentialist poem in some sense, a person trying to interact with his shadow — because I feel its our closest ‘being’. Trying to establish an idea around something similar to what our personality is after spending a considerable time in life. Our memories, experiences: how they influence our dreams and thoughts. Our senses through which we experience this whole world. A ‘fusion’ is what we perceive in the end. But this shadow is trying to tell some Buddhist stuff in the end; not sure how that came out to be. 


——


Last night I was talking to my shadow;

Vertigo; stitched together broken leaves;


Silence of language with stifled words,

Fusion of senses, lossless dreams;


Striving to strike nuances on Being,

Perplexed heart: the clogged streams;


Attenuation in understanding yet intense;

Desires, desires, desires - it screams!



——


m.s.bajwa 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...