Wednesday, 30 November 2016

CRUSADES

Recently i started reading a book on Crusades. Its actually a 3  volume collection from Steven Runciman. I have finished vol 1. I was always amazed by the word of crusades. So it was a very interesting experience for me. Book is very well written. Runciman gives an excellent pre-Crusades analysis to explain the the reason and need for Crusade movement. Besides all the enjoyment in reading the book i also learnt some new things. I concluded that even all the crisis we are facing today worldwide we are still living a much better life than those times. I read how human beings have massacred the earth and butchered each other. Some things i read it was hard to imagine that such a thing humans can do. So we have  lost our humanity for quite a long time now. This thirst for power is not new in human beings. I hope that one day a better day will come and world will be a better place. Although some say hope is a sickness. We should learn to love to each other. Nothing in this world is better or has more worth than a human being.

“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.” 
― Carl SaganCosmos

“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” 
― Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...