Sunday, 26 February 2023

Memento Mori - A short story by Jonathan Nolan

First I watched Ghajini, a Bollywood movie starring Amir Khan. I probably watched it because of Amir Khan post 3 Idiots reality of the world. Trying to nourish the so called rebel inside me. I was disappointed. Later, someone told me its an adaptation of a Hollywood movie which was released years ago. I didn't ask when it was released because I didn't really care; to me it must be as much of a bland movie as Ghajini. 

Years passed and I came to discover Christopher Nolan with his true depth. Meanwhile, my own depths were going nowhere. So this is how I came to watch Memento and was blown away. Instantly, it became my favorite movie by Nolan (I watched 'Following' later). Digging further and a YT video led me to realize that it was actually an idea concocted by Nolan brothers. One made a film on it and the other wrote a short story on it. Here is the link to short story published in Esquire magazine in 2001 which I am trying to read today:


https://classic.esquire.com/article/2001/3/1/memento-mori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...