Sunday, 20 October 2019

Review: Kafka on the Shore

Kafka on the Shore Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Too much fantasy for me!

Found it to be quite shallow, superfluous and flawed. I shouldn't have read it, atleast my perception of this book was much better.

Giving it two stars for the (deliberate) use of art and philosophy to add some depth to this futile story. Otherwise one star is just fine.

Not sure what's the hype about, maybe misuse of the name Kafka. However, it's a subjective matter.

This is going to be my first and last book by Murakami.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Richard Flanagan: Life After Death

 Its been long since I have written anything on this blog. Where I have been? Lost or in a search probably and hopefully. Anyways, I just fi...